The Coppell Republican Club is pleased to sponsor their first scholarship for graduating seniors of the 2022-2023 academic year.
The requirements for the scholarship are:
- Must know someone who is a member of the Coppell Republican Club
- Live in Dallas County
- Must be a Senior in High School, graduating during the 2022-2023 school year
- Must plan to attend a four-year or two-year institute of higher learning
- Must complete the scholarship application
- Provide a reference for your School Activities (from a teacher or school counselor) and a reference from a Republican Leader (e.g., Coppell Republican Club Member,
Elected Republican Official or Candidate,
Member of another Dallas Area Republican Club,
Dallas County GOP Leadership) for your Republican Activities.
Please note, in addition to providing a description of your school and republican activities, you will need to answer 2 of the following 4 essay questions (up to 600 characters) as part of your application. The questions are as follows:
- What does the definition of Republican mean to you and what do you think differentiates the Democrat and Republican parties?
- How would you convince a friend or family member to vote Republican?
- Which past or present Republican leader do you admire most and why?
- What policy/policies do you think the Republican Party should prioritize and why?
We will award two scholarships of $500 each. Recipients will be chosen based on three criteria in the following priority:
- Republican and community involvement
- Scholastic Performance
All applications must be submitted or postmarked by March 20, 2023.
Regarding references, please provide your school activities to your teacher or school counselor for their review and your Republican Activities to a member of the CRC Board, for their review. Please provide us with an email address and/or phone number (preferably both) so that we may contact them.
How to apply
You may apply by completing the online
form by clicking here
The online application
is split into 5 pages. Please be sure to complete all pages, review and submit.
Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and winners will be announced by the end of April.